Wednesday, December 21, 2005

The Exams

I had my exams on Friday. It was 6 hours long and lasted from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Everyone had to get to the examination hall by 8.30 a.m. so that the invigilators could check the documents we were bringing in. We got to school before sunrise and by the time we were done it was already night time (because its winter, the sun doesn't stay out for very long).

I don't think exams should be that long. It was physically exhausting more than anything else. At the end of it I had written 32 pages - which is I think more than I have ever handwritten before.


On Friday night, I met up with the rest of my classmates. One of them was a Norwegian law student who told me that last semester, he had 30 HOURS of exams - three 8 hour exams and one 6 hour one. The exams were apparently about everything he had learnt in the past two years.

Apparently the law students in Scandinavia are used to such long examinations.

Thankfully I only have two more to go next semester.

Here are pictures of our tables while studying for the exams (something we have not done for a while).








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home